1

Monday, May 29, 2017

Mid Century Modern Living Room Design - Witco - Boomerang Table - 1950's Style


It was that spot above the couch that stayed empty the longest. I felt it was an important place, and it had to have an important artwork. Something that really fit in.

I thought about painting something myself, but decided against it. I'm not that good!

I combed through hundreds of pictures of 1950's artworks, Turner shadow box shelves and plaques. Nothing seemed to work.

Authentic Mid Century Modern was needed! But what? What could fit the prized spot about my 1950's atomic ranch house sofa, in my living room?

It looked pretty blank and sad for a long time.


Did it ever take you a long time to find the "right" piece for a particular spot in your Mid Century home? How did you resolve it?


One day I did a search for "Witco" artwork and "ding!" There is was. The right style, the right colors, and a subject matter that worked for me.

One I got it and hung it, I knew this was the right piece!






It makes me smile every time I walk into my living room. I guess that's what makes it the right piece of 1950's artwork for my ranch house.


What places and things make you smile in your 1950's Mid Century house? Are you happy with the overall look, or is it still a work in progress?

Thanks for sharing!